Tuesday, October 18, 2016

School Cat


The.  Best.  Cat.   As I was leaving school late one evening in the dark, I heard a loud, pitiful meowing.  I expected to find a skinny, pathetic kitten, but instead I found a healthy, sleek, almost-grown cat.  I figured he was lost, petted him, and left.  The next morning as I walked up to school, I heard the wailing again.  He was obviously abandoned, and not very happy about it.  I picked him up so that he could avoid the plethora of cars and buses which would soon be arriving at school.  Safely inside my classroom, he ate half of my lunch.  The poor guy was ravenous.  He purred and snuggled on my lap, then took a nap on my desk.  He was so cuddly and loving, I about couldn't part with him.  The students loved having him in the classroom, but I wasn't so sure about having him in there all day.  He went in and out a couple of times, and at the end of the day he had won my heart and came home with us.  This weekend he has taken naps on my lap while I worked, and happily hung around my neck like a scarf while I walked around-- seriously.  This is the best cat.  So, thank you to whomever raised him; you did a great job.  If he truly ran off and was lost, you are welcome to reclaim him.  But, to whomever dropped him off at school (if that is indeed what happened), your loss is my gain.  


Proverbs 12:10

 A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: 

but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.