Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Basketweaving 101 -- Seriously!





I found these kits and thought that this would be a great hands-on project for my eighth grade history class.  It would be a neat skill to learn, and it would be something that covered several periods of history -- medieval, colonial, and Native American.  And, I thought it would be easier that it was.  Even though these are supposed to be in the "easy" category, they were more challenging than I thought they would be.  Nevertheless, my talented students pulled it off, and the results were lovely.  I always take one home to complete myself so I will know exactly what to expect.  The project took me two hours, but with all twenty-one of them it ended up taking us four hours, but it was worth it.  We were satisfied with our results and only a little bit frustrated.