Saturday, July 16, 2016

An Even Beautifuller Space

This evening we sang at the beautiful Bruton Parish church in Colonial Williamsburg, Virginia.  The original part of this brick church dates back to 1638.  In the picture above we were in our lines for our processional and first song, Alleluia Incantation.  In the photo below we were rehearsing before the concert.  Because everything in Colonial Williamsburg is as period-correct as possible, the only lighting during the evening concert was provided by real candles inside the chandelier, and candle lights on the sides of the church.  The audience was largely vacationers; we enjoyed singing for them and they really seemed to appreciate the concert.