These are from a project we did near the end of last year.
Here are the directions.
1. Choose a topic we've studied this semester in American history - post Civil War to the present. (I gave them several ideas, and I even made a Google docs slide show presentation of all the ideas. If you are interested email me and I will share it with you.)
2. Present your topic on a poster board.
3. The poster cannot be white (unless you use foam board.)
4. The poster cannot be in the shape of a rectangle.
5. The poster must have a three-dimensional object attached to it, or the poster itself must be three-dimensional.
6. Your project must include the following items: topic title, dates, a map, a picture, and two summary paragraphs detailing the major events of your topic and what changed because of it.
Here are some of the results.