Wednesday, September 12, 2018

An Amazing Book. Students Get Into Teams. Grades Go Up 9.25 Points.


I recently finished an amazing book.  Part of it was about how boys function in school settings, and one of the many points was that boys work better in teams.  So, as we were studying for our last history test (to which I always add an essay question and map), I put all the students in teams, and each team got some time up at the board to study the map.  They were also diligently quizzing each other to see if their team could bring up their test average from the last test more than all the other teams.  These guys brought their grade average up 9.25 points.  A team of girls tied them, also bringing their score up 9.25 points.  No matter how I divided it, I couldn't get a remainder, so it was a tie.  I'll take that!