Saturday, April 30, 2016

"Z" is for Zoology -- The "A, B, C"s for Christian Schools; 26 Topics We Have the Opportunity to Teach Our Students

    Zoology (/zoʊˈɒlədʒi/, zoh-OL-luh-jee) or animal biology is the branch of biology that relates to the animal kingdom, including the structure, embryology, evolution, classification, habits, and distribution of all animals, both living and extinct, and how they interact with their ecosystems.
    All the creatures God made are amazing.  I love when my students "discover" an animal and want to research and learn more about it.  I collect as many non-fiction books about animals as I can, so that when my students decide to learn about one, I've got the books ready.  Zoology is a fascinating subject.  
    And, I've been learning a lot about zoology lately, mostly because I have a son who is considering switching his major to zoology.  He loves to study animals, especially bears.  That is why we are heading off to Alaska in less than a month-- to camp and hike and hopefully see at least one bear (he prefers it to be a grizzly), and possibly a wolf or two, and really anything else we can.