Friday, December 12, 2014

Mispelled Sine's



    I did that on purpose.

     Welcome to the third episode of the Plain Professor’s Misspelled Signs (and Grammatical Errors).
For the other two, click here.
Not the apostrophe again!  Does the bird house own the $5 ?  
Or one bird house is $5.00?  Will you run out if I buy the only one?  
Gas stations are notorious for these.  Maybe that is why I am a teacher and not a gas station attendant.   
So it is your “on camera”?  You own the “on camera”?  
 
I love thrift stores, but I often see misspelled signs in these places, too.  
Maybe that is why I am a teacher and not a thrift store worker. 
 I guess the hats own something?
And so do the masks?  
Or this is only one hat, and only one mask, and they each own something, 
and the person who made the sign forgot to put what it was that they owned?  

While I was at this store I purchased three costumes for an upcoming honor roll party, and the nice lady at the checkout told me that because these were being sold as costumes around the Oct. 31st holiday (sorry, I don’t like that word), that I could not return them.
    
“You mean people really buy costumes, wear them, and return them?”

“Yes, they do that.”  

Honestly, what is this world coming to?

And, the folks at this establishment got the first “N” correct, but I guess they got a little distracted near the end of the word.

That’s all for now.