Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Banagram Champions

      It was softball day.  I am not into sports.  If I don’t stay inside and grade papers during lunch and recess, my house would never get cleaned, and my family wouldn’t have clean clothes-- much less dinner.  So I stay inside and grade papers.

     And so it was that while most of the school was outside playing softball, and three of my students asked me to come look at their accomplishment, I gladly did.

      They had used every one of the Bananagrams letters, and had even connected them all.  This is my favorite game, and it has become one of the students' favorites too.  Their vocabulary and spelling have increased greatly.  I was proud of them.  They were using their minds, working together, and having fun.  I took a picture of their work of art, congratulated them, and then sent them out to get some fresh air.  There is more to life than work and sports.