Wednesday, April 13, 2016

"K" is for the Kennedy Assassination - The "A, B, C"s for Christian Schools; 26 Topics We Have the Opportunity to Teach Our Students

The Kennedy Assassination is probably one of the most controversial topics in American history.  Was it really Lee Harvey Oswald who did it?  What about the shadow?  And the gun?  And the witnesses who heard shots coming from different directions?  The "Magic Bullet"?  And why were the findings of the Warren Commission supposed to be sealed up for seventy-five years?   


The more I study this topic, the more I discover and the more it doesn't make sense.  I believe that discussing these kinds of topics with high school students is good, thought-provoking, and healthy for the mind.  
When we lived in Dallas, my husband and I drove to Dealey Plaza to see the exact area where it all happened.   I couldn't resist.  To actually be in a location where something like that in history happened is thrilling.  (Even if it was something sad like this.)  By the way, Kennedy was President when I was born.  

And, does anyone notice how Jackie O. often had her head covered?