Saturday, February 17, 2018

Art and Story Day - More February Fun!

Each year in January, I ask my students to write down suggestions in their journals for new February Fun Days.  They always come up with some amazing suggestions, and these were two of them.  One student suggested art day, and another suggested story day.  We decided to do them both on the same day.  
In between most of the classes I would read a story as the students sat together in the all-purpose room.  I read Rachel, a Hutterite Girl and Matthew Grady Loves His Enemy, both of which are based on true stories.
Then they had a few minutes to work in groups making art projects out of recycled materials.  We had so much fun that I think both ideas merit their own days next time.  (We had too many good ideas and not enough days in February, so we combined a few.)