Friday, July 12, 2019

What Teachers Do in the Summer (Besides Make Silly Orchestra Videos)

 
Now that we've had time to relax and unwind after two weeks of fun music stuff, we've been busy.   
Syllabi are written, books have been ordered and read, the classrooms are cleaned up, and we can work on stuff.  

And play this fun new wall Scrabble. Jeff usually wins.  


Our daughter will be teaching 2nd grade this coming fall, and she wanted a cute little table and chairs for the back of her room.  The coat rack will go by her desk.  We found both el cheapo at thrift stores, and then sanded and painted them.  Jeff made the little reading house in the top picture for her room as well.

  
I got both of these chairs and the antique door for a total of $2.  My car stops at any house that has sweet-looking stuff on the curb with a "FREE" sign.  I'm trying to find a place for that door somewhere in my classroom.
   
And, since I don't have much time to do crafty stuff during the school year, I've been sewing and working on these bird house ladders - all from thrift stores -- and . . . 

  

these lovely bird baths made out of old vases.  A tutorial on how to make these will be coming soon.