Saturday, August 24, 2019

Grape Arbor Classroom Theme


I choose a theme from John 15:5 this year, and to complement it, Jeff made a miniature grape arbor and we hung it from the ceiling. 

The bulletin board is actually more like a poster, printed on really nice, sturdy paper.  I just emailed Karen Nolt (karenlnolt at gmail.com), told her what I wanted, and she sent me this.  Wow.  If you are interested in getting one of these for yourself, email her at the email address above and she will be happy to help you.  I've seen other work she did for other teachers and was amazed, so I got one myself.  The cost is around $20; they are reusable, and it sure beats fussing with the Cricut machine for hours.  


The second time I drove by these pillars I decided that they were either really expensive, or that they had just been there forever and the guy wanted to get rid of them.  Ten bucks later, I drove off with three of them.  My latter guess had been correct.




We are studying world history this year, so some of my cultural stuff is on the shelf for handy access.

With five fewer desks in the room this year, there is more room for the reading area/library.  I'm also in the process of trying to categorize all my books with computer-printed labels.  That way, when I institute my new reading-by-category system that I saw Piper Burdge had in her classroom at Faith Builders, my students will know which books are in which category: Anabaptist, adventure, classic/Newberry award winner, another country, another time, and missionary biography.