Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Coronatime . . . Piles of Papers, Homemade Tortilla Chips, and Huggermugger

One of my daughter's friends has dubbed this "Coronatime," and so, in our household, the name has stuck.  So, here's what the four Swanson teachers are doing during "Coronatime."



1.  Prepare lessons for students.  
We have spent hours and hours assembling assignments, workbook papers, and tests.  It also takes awhile to make all those answer keys for each of the students' parents.  In our house, there are four of us doing this, so it gets a little interesting.  Some of the funnier moments have been questions from students like, "How do I upload a picture of my homework?"  Hello?  These high schoolers are on their phones constantly and they can't upload a picture of their homework?  I messed up an answer key.  This adjustment is a little frustrating!  
  

2.  Clean out the basement and the garage.  I've got a vintage refrigerated chocolate stand for sale if anyone is interested.  I doubt anyone will be buying stuff for awhile.  


3.  Eat yummy food.   We had two avocados which were getting pretty ripe, but no chips, and no one wanted to go to the store.  So I remembered how my grandmother had cut up tortillas and made her own chips.  Problem solved. 
   
4.  Play games. With family.  The best! Our favorites this week have been Scrabble (the person who misspelled "riot" was properly chided), Bohnanza, and Huggermugger.  
  5.  Write real letters.  Some of my 7th grade students started a coloring letter club and mailed me a REAL LETTER asking me to join.  I'm so in!