Monday, September 21, 2020

Art Class is Great!

I am now teaching English and art at Faith Mennonite High School, joining my son Joseph who teaches science there. 
We are using Hannah Nolt's Articulations high school art curriculum, Level 5, and I'm loving it.  (It's not on the website, but it is available upon request.) We have spent several days on the elements of design lesson, and here are some of the students' results.  

line 



shape


form


color 

value

And that's not even half of the lesson.  I can't wait to do the rest!  I organized our supplies for this project in these baskets for easy access, and I play Mozart while we are painting.  Art is just great.  

Our daughter Mary is using Articulations Level 1 with her second graders.  She is amazed with what good results even second graders can get with the clear, easy-to-follow directions.  Here is part of their lesson on lines.  They're not done yet either!