Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Happy Thanksgiving from Mr. Skeleton


I had noticed the paper cut out skeleton hanging on a student's locker in the hall, but I wasn't prepared for what I saw when I walked into the science room to ask my son a question.  There were skeletons everywhere.  He explained to me that they had cut out and assembled "Mr. Skeleton" while learning about the skeletal system during his biology and anatomy classes.  Each bone is labeled, and the students assembled them, learning about the skeletal system in the process.  It is quite an interesting way to learn.  After their projects were assembled, they were permitted to "decorate" the classroom with them.  Er . . . um . . . that's just lovely.  




"Mr. Skeleton" is available from Scholastic, Inc. at the link available here.  And, by the way, we use these only for science purposes, not for "seasonal decorations."