Saturday, May 28, 2022

The Last Field Trip! A Visit to the Biblical Tabernacle Reproduction

I like to keep things moving along and upbeat, so a few weeks ago, I told my students that if they finished every lesson in every book (and we were really on track anyway), and took every last final test, that I would reward them with a fifth bonus field trip.  Mission accomplished!  We did it.  First, we went to Mennonite Life's Biblical Tabernacle Reproduction as we had studied the building of the temple earlier in the year.  


Next, we drove through the covered bridge and enjoyed a picnic lunch beside the stream at Poole Forge.  After lunch, we stopped by Hayloft Ice Cream, ate our yummy treats, and fed the fish and ducks in the pond.   I think that I enjoy summer vacation even more if we've ended the year well -- and we did.