We have a goal this year to have our students write (or do something creative) in their journals every single day. Now, keep in mind that I respect my students' privacy and won't share their writing here. But, thus far this year they have written about what they learned during church sermons, what they appreciated about the Waldensians (yay Anabaptist history!), strange happenings during storms, getting locked out of their houses, and what they are looking forward to this year, among other things. However, once a week we have a creative art journaling day, and I can share their artistic endeavors. Here are some of my favorites.
We always decorate our journal covers during some of the first art classes of the year. We evidently have some music lovers in this group.
Perforations! We passed around hole punchers and embroidery thread.
Assignment: fold a page anyway you'd like to. One had messages I could read depending on how I folded it, and another was folded and cut into neat symmetrical designs.
Assignment: trace your foot and decorate it.













