Saturday, November 24, 2018

The Hardy Boys Love Participles! (Really)

Okay all you English teachers, I have stumbled upon a great way to teach participles- especially to guys who have a hard time grasping concepts other than "play ball" and "fix engine."
  
Many of the Hardy Boys book titles have participles in them!  I was working with my son on participles for the umpteenth time, and as three of us at our house are reading a Hardy Boys book right now (including me -- it's worth it to bond with my sons and talk about what funny things Chet does), I looked at a few of the titles and - there they were.  Participles!  
  
So I grabbed my camera, went over to our three shelves of Hardy Boys books, and began taking pictures of all eighteen of them.  I made this into a slide show to use just to teach participles, so if any of you are interested, I'm more than willing to share.  (Just email me at littleflock7 at gmail.com.)   Now I've got to do something better with my time these precious few days off . . . . 
To see my students' creative Tardy Boys titles with participles, click here

Bonus points here -- DOUBLE PARTICIPLES ! ! That's like spelling a word with a "Z" in it on a triple word score square in Scrabble.
 

































Check out that movie camera!