Monday, October 7, 2019

Sustainable, Recycled African Rag Footballs

The other activity my students could choose on our post-test African activity day was to make African rag (or bag) footballs.  Most of them, of course, chose this one, and it was a lot of fun.  They really worked!  

The full instructions on how to make these can be found here.  




They were being thrown and kicked all over the all-purpose room by the end of the day.  

Except for the food, which we ate during two different regular class days where we covered an ample amount of the text book, we did the Arabic writing, the weavings, and the rag footballs all in one class period.  Although I love to do extra stuff like this, we spend 90% of our time doing classwork.  

This activity slide is at the end of my Ancient African slide show.   If you are interested in seeing these slides, I am always willing to share.  Just drop me an email at littleflock7 at gmail.com.