Friday, April 3, 2020

The Gift of Time

Time to pick up and enjoy that huge paper wasps' nest that finally fell out of a tree.  (I had tried, unsuccessfully, to retrieve it a few months ago. I have pictures of me up on the top of a 6 foot ladder waving a broom around somewhere, but I cannot find them.)
Time to do something I hadn't done in quite awhile -- to cut the tops of carrots, place them in water, and watch them grow.  I didn't have the same success with the bamboo sprouts I got on my walk, but I'm researching that.  
Time to hang up some bird feeders and put out bird baths.  I put them where they can be seen from where I sit making all the checklists, assignments, slideshows, and now videos for my students.
  
Time to make videos of myself teaching.  This is actually really fun, although it does take some time.  

Time to go on walks everyday with my family, and to enjoy this historic 1850s school house which is being remodeled.

And, as of today, time to make masks.  Our governor here in Pennsylvania has asked us to wear a mask if we go out.  Jeff said he wanted a shark mask.  Okay.