Friday, January 1, 2021

Teachers' Gift Certificate Day

 With four teachers in our house this year, we were blessed with a number of gift certificates which gracious students and parents bestowed upon us.  I said to my second grade teacher daughter Mary, "Let's have a day where we go and use our gift certificates."  And so we did.  

Stop #1 -  Latte Love!  I got a caramel dream latte; she got an iced chai.  Yum. 

Stop #2 - Stoltzfus Meats 

With this very practical gift card, I got enough meat for our family for about four meals.  A+! 

Stop #3 - Gift certificate at a clothing store -  Mary found both a nice sweater and a sweet jacket.  She loved this thoughtful teacher gift idea.  

Stop #4 - New Holland ReUzit

Okay, this wasn't a gift certificate, (I'd surely take one if they sell them), but it was part of our day, so I'm including it here.  I found a pair of vintage gloves for $1 and a few doilies ranging from .25 cents to $1.  I'm going to sew something with these someday.  And I've been planting succulents in these neat old copper and aluminum tins and white cups.  
Once I got home I realized that this doily was actually tatting and not crochet.  Sweet!  
Stop #5 - Teacher tea at the Cup of Grace Tea Room

Our last gift certificate was spent at one of my favorite places in the whole world.  Three of us, all teachers, enjoyed cranberry Christmas tea along with several other flavors of tea, soup, salad, chicken salad croissant sandwiches and a three-tiered tray of pastries and goodies.  It was a great way to relax and enjoy our time off.   
Julie Kauffman, 4th grade teacher at Weavertown Mennonite School, 
Mary Swanson, 2nd grade teacher at Weavertown School, and me