Sunday, January 3, 2021

Mary Redecorates the Downstairs During Our Days Off

I collect stuff like old silverware and had fun finishing up this little project while we had a few days off.  (My mother had a set of vintage canisters just like these.  I grabbed them quickly when I found them at a thrift store.) 
Our daughter Mary declared these days off "redecorate the downstairs" time.  We can never sit still for very long, so we tackled it.  I did most of the painting for all three rooms.   
Jeff and Mary found the vintage mantel at a store.  Jeff scraped and sanded it, and I painted it.  Mary and I laid the tile for the hearth (37 cents a square!) and we already had many of the accessories like the ladder, lamps, tables, and stools.  Mary and a friend went shopping and bought a few pillows, signs and plants to get the look she wanted.  


Jeff found two used tables and put them together to make this amazing island.  He also meticulously painted the chairs and stools black.  So, our house is all fixed up and we are ready to go back to school -- almost.