Friday, June 18, 2021

The First Two Weeks of Summer

 School is out and it's time to relax and recharge!  Here is what we've been doing the last two weeks.  

1.  Lancaster Mobile Shenandoah Christian Music Camp 

Half of our family spent six wonderful, music-filled days singing and studying.  

  
This was an exercise my students created while we were working on rhythms. 

After two programs on Sunday, we had the school cleaned up a little before midnight.  I packed my bags and got to bed by 1:00 a.m.   At 3:00 a.m. I awoke, got ready, and left for the airport at 3:30 a.m., which brings us to number two.

2.  Trip to Texas

This was even better because we got cheap tickets which included a seven hour layover in Ft. Lauderdale.  Hello, Uber!  Take us to the beach.  I found shells, sea glass, coral, and a sea sponge.  Mary fell asleep while I was beach combing.  




3.  Visit family 
I hadn't seen my father in eighteen months thanks to covid, so we had a nice three-day visit.  While there, I slept in, fed my sister's roosters, read books to my great niece, ate a lot of Mexican food, and played games with my family.  

4.  Enjoy art!  

Airports have amazing art.  We spent some time in the Philadelphia, Dallas, and Shreveport airports looking at some great art.  I even had some time to sketch a little myself. 


 




5.  Read

While I haven't finished either of these yet, I did get a good start on both of them, and I'm anxious to read more soon.