Monday, February 20, 2023

Little Wooden Houses


     I was digging through the trash bin in the woodshop where I found lots of rectangular and triangular pieces of wood, similar to the ones I found last year that we used to make trees.   These would make cute little wooden houses, I thought.  I put together a slideshow of sixteen different houses that various artists had made, gave my students paper to design their own, and then we began sketching and painting on the wood.  The creativity always amazes me.  One student began painting bricks, while another one accidently flicked white paint on his house while painting the roof.  We decided that that side would be the "winter" side of the house, while the other side would be the "summer" side.  I decided to make my own little house, and I used my student's brick idea.  It's fun to get ideas from those much younger than yourself.  These were completed by students in grades 2nd-7th.