Wednesday, August 2, 2023

A Year's Worth of Art Projects

      I am making this available to my "I Teach Art and I Love It!" students at Faithbuilders Teachers Week, and I thought I'd share it here as well.  It's just a list of suggested projects by quarter.  I tried to sprinkle in a few three-dimensional projects here and there  For more pictures, how-to instructions, and details, just click on the title of most of the projects and a link will take you directly to the post explaining it.  I hope you and your students enjoy being creative this school year!  


First Quarter 

Soap Carving:  Sweet-smelling Anti-bacterial Soap Sculptures  



 artprojectsforkids.org drawing 


Fall Leaf Art Project -  Watercolor



Russian Folk Art Project:  Mezen





I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Ice Cream   Paint Party (2 weeks) 



Have You Bean Doing Your Art?    (2 weeks) 


Second Quarter 

Scherenschnitte - German for "Scissor Cuts". 


artprojectsforkids.org drawing 

Still Life with Washable Markers and Water  



Paint Party 2 - Paint a Llama  - 2 weeks 

Sweet Potato Print Art 


Funny Bunny - this is done using the same technique as the still life above 



Chinet Plate Weaving - 2 weeks 



3rd Quarter 

Oven-baked Clay Sculptures :  Great American History Art Projects 



Mixed Media Collages - use newsprint, magazines, and music to fill in different pieces of a large object from a coloring page.  Watercolor over a few areas.  


Dead Sea Scrolls   (Coffee-stained scrolls)


artprojectsforkids.org  drawing 

Popsicle Stick Buildings


Mini Art for Mini People (and Their Teacher) 

 

Paint Party 3 -  (two weeks). 

Fourth Quarter 

Foil Embossing    (2 weeks). 



artprojectsforkids.org drawing 

Giant Origami Swan Attacks School - Sorta 


Cathedral Windows at School 




or . . . My Wooden Trees 


Paint Party #4   Sunflowers!    (2 weeks)


I Heart String Art   (2 weeks)  
 

.